International Conference on eCommerce and Communications 2012
"Regulating a New World Order"
The International Conference on eCommerce and Communications 2012 is presented by the Law Society of Singapore and LAWASIA. The conference serves to promote discussion on a wide range of contemporary issues in relation to eCommerce and communication and aims to bring together senior practioners, industry experts, academics and policy makers in various jurisdictions to discuss the diverse topical issues of this dynamic arena. The two-day event features a diverse range of topics, which includes spanning data protection, regulation of online content, outsourcing, crime and more. The topics covered will provide a broad multi-disciplinary overview of this new and exciting frontier of legal practice for legal practitioners.
Some topics include:
- Data Protection: How transborder data flow restrictions are impacting privacy legislation and to what extent is Asia keeping up?
- Regulation of Online Content: Regulation of obscene and political/racial content.
- Social Media: To what extent is the increasing use of social media requiring us to re-evaluate traditional legal principles?
- Defamation: Jurisdictional issues affecting enforcement and the impact of social media and "casual defamation".
- Outsourcing: Directions in outsourcing and the legal issues it raises
- Electronic Money: Current and future developments in relation to regulation of money deposits
- Spam: Is Spam regulation working?
- Crime: How will technology facilitate criminal activity in the future? How should the law respond?
To find out more, please contact email@example.com or call (+65) 6530 0239 / 6530 0201.